Monday, June 22, 2009

Excited

In the days and weeks leading up to my trip to Nashville, several people asked me if I was excited, and I had to say that I really wasn't yet. I had so many other competing priorities, I hadn't really given that much thought to the trip.

It wasn't until stepping into the recording studio yesterday that it all became real for me, and yes, very exciting. I was overwhelmed with the feeling of thankfulness that I'm able to do a project like this. What an amazing life experience!

I start recording in just over 3 hours. I can't believe that just a little over 2 months ago, I had the idea and vision to record a gospel CD, and it is already becoming a reality for me. I have already learned so much, and I know that next time (and yes, now I am fairly confident there will be a next time) I will be so much better prepared.

I'd like to try writing my own lyrics next time - maybe I can find a songwriter to collaborate with on the music. I could attempt that, but I just don't know enough about music, and I am not inclined to want to learn everything I would need to know - I don't think that's where my talents lie, and knowing that kind of thing is a good thing.

So yes, I am excited, and today is a very exciting day!

No comments: